Pages

Search Me

Monday 8 June 2009

Wher's the fun?

The last time I wrote about The Flyting of Dunbar and Kennedy I remember having a lot of fun. Maybe it's bound to be less fun the second time around - I keep asking where the fun has gone.

Right now it's just past 11 am and I am sitting at U216 in the Upper Reading Room again. The sun is shining. I want to be lying on the lawn in Pusey Quad, with my straw hat over my eyes, napping gently.

It's not that I don't enjoy what I do - I do - or I wouldn't do what I do. But I'm just absolutely exhausted; not the kind of exhaustion that recedes after a good night's sleep. This one will take a week to wash over.

Thinking about moving is stressing me out. Not that I don't want to move. I am looking forward to moving on. It's just that there will be no turn-around time. Not for another 2 days, at least. Hand in on the 15th, then go home, and pack. Get rid of things I'm not shipping on the 16th, arrange for the shipping company to pick up my things. Ship out on the 17th, pick up my suitcase and a rucksack, put my hat on, and walk away.

I need to focus on the walking away part. One step at a time.

0 comments: