Pages

Search Me

Thursday 2 October 2008


These are photos of the grandmother and grandfather of ellenmc, on their way to Cuba in 1932.

I've been meaning to put these photographs on the blog for ages. They're possibly the most charming vintage photos I've ever come across. In a slightly voyeuristic way I feel like I have some kind of connection to this couple, having browsed through so many photos from their happy days. Do you feel like a voyeur when you look at old photos which were obviously not meant for general public consumption?

In any case, these are absolutely the sweetest thing ever. Don't they look like they were having the time of their lives, all the time? And such a handsome couple too!

This photo of Ellen's grandmother and her friend says all that needs to be said about style. I love the dress of the lady on the left, and have a terrible weakness for fur collars... Though I must add that the way the skirt of the lady on the left is caught by the wind totally makes the picture for me.

Also, I must share this photo of Ellen's grandfather and his friend. It makes me smile every time.


So if you get a chance, check out Ellen's Old Family Photos - there's many more beautiful shots of lovely ladies and manly malarky.

0 comments: