Pages

Search Me

Wednesday 1 October 2008

Clotted Cream & Rummage Sales

Yesterday Toph and I went to the Queen's Lane Cafe. I remember the place from my visit to Oxford back in high school - but I don't remember it being quite so posh. In any case, they still do big scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream... and Toph had a soy latte.

The real reason why I'm blogging about this photo is because I'm wearing my new floral print dress. It came a bit late in the season, to be honest. The weather in Oxford is now a bit chilly and windy (occasionally wet, though not nearly as much as Edinburgh). Still, I managed to wear it for 3 days in a row after getting it. I know that the same outfit for 3 days in a row is a bit of a fashion faux pas - and guess what, I don't give a flying fuck. That's how pleased I was with my dress.

One of the best things about it is that it came from the Scouts rummage sale. We saw it advertised at the local church, and went along on the off chance that there'd be some good buys - and lo, we asked and received. I got the dress for 20 pence, and a leather satchel for 50 pence. Topher got some linen trousers 15 pence, and a grill for our outdoor bbq (which we built from stolen bricks, but it's a bit cold now to use).

Thank goodness for rummage sales and clotted cream... If you look at the photo you can tell just how happy I am.

0 comments: