Pages

Search Me

Friday 4 December 2009

Vote of confidence

The other day Ozen and I were walking down Kensington avenue, on our way to lunch at Hibiscus. We were talking about what we were doing before art school (she was working as a mining engineer and I was a grad student), and what we want to do with ourselves afterwards. At one point I said something about how I'm finding this transitional phase difficult - between the pretty cushy situation I had before and the uncertain future ahead. But, I said, I'm trying to live my dream life - and who knows, maybe I'll never get there, but I'm going to try anyway.

Just then a young man passed us by, headed in the opposite direction. He turned around and said to me 'Don't worry. You'll get there.'

Thanks for the vote of confidence dude, whoever you are.

p.s. over another conversation re: the same subject, Anna astutely observed that it is always those chances which we don't take that we regret - not the ones we take (even if we fail)... I have to say that I quite agree.

0 comments: