Pages

Search Me

Wednesday 4 November 2009

The kind of person I am...

Yesterday I pulled out a vintage bed-sheet that I had shipped back from the UK. I'm the kind of person, apparently, who likes to sleep on vintage sheets and does not mind shipping them from one continent to another. It cos 2.99 pds, with the Oxfam price tag still on it - so I never used it while I was there. It's very thick. I made my bed with precise folded corners, held together on the underside of the mattress with two safety pins in each corner. Then I pulled out some some pillow cases - also vintage. I put my IKEA pillow into a linen pillow protector (just an extra pillowcase that is unadorned) and then into a white cotton Oxford pillowcase with a trim.

As I was doing all this I wondered if others also take their bed linen across oceans. I'm particular about the quality of bed linen, and find vintage ones better value for money and usually more aesthetically pleasant. In Taiwan I still have a very large queen-sized linen top sheet embroidered with pale pink cherry blossoms across the the top edge (from Paddy's shop). One day when I have a queen-sized bed (and hopefully someone to share it with), I will enjoy it to a disproportionate degree. I'll probably even blog about it.

0 comments: