Pages

Search Me

Monday 28 September 2015

And then

... I stuffed the leftover crevices in my boxes with newspaper, and sealed them up with tape. I put one UPS label onto each box in preparation for the pickup tomorrow. Now they are all sitting in a row (all 11 of them), and I pray that none of them are over-weight (30 kg). 

Feels like another phase of my life is wrapping up. I've moved from one continent to the next more times than I care to recall. The first time, I was 9 years old and had a aqua-marine striped canvas tote bag (carry-on) and that was all my luggage (my parents packed other things, but that was outside my jurisdiction). When I was 19 I moved to the UK with one suitcase and one sleeping bag. After I laid out the sleeping bag and put my clothes away in the wardrobe, my toothbrush sat on the windowsill and my dorm looked very cold and empty (soon I furnished it with charity shop finds). 

Ever since my moves have been increasing in frequency. I don't really want to think of them now.

As ever, the only way is forward. 

0 comments: