Pages

Search Me

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Temptations returned

Just because I am in Edinburgh and living a more ecologically conscientious lifestyle doesn't mean I am far from temptation. Thanks to the good internet I can work more efficiently and slack with likewise efficiency.

I am supposedly reading and taking notes on Piers Plowman (a lot of rats and mice appear around line 146 of the Prologue. Random or what?). But I take breaks to look at blogs, and to take note of beautiful things which I covet. Though it is technically slacking, I find that it increases my over all productivity because it allows me to return to the text with, er, greater degree of concentration... yes. (not thinking of frocks, I assure you).

Still - things, things, things. Here I am reading a text which has definite spiritual aims and I am thinking of frocks. Particularly this one, from My Favorite Vintage. I mean, look at the flat neckline - I think that would be quite flattering on someone like me, who has broad shoulders. Also, the detailing on the back of the neckline, in green velvet, is really, really nice. Usually I am not much for yellow, or for this kind of 50s print and cut - but I'm willing to make an exception.

So who wants to buy me a dress? Go on, it's not even the most expensive one in the shop.

0 comments: