Pages

Search Me

Monday 28 April 2008

Oxford

I've been accepted to Keble College at Oxford to study medieval literature for a year. Better yet, they're going to give me a studentship (scholarship + stipend). I've been there briefly during my highs school career - in a summer course. I stayed at St. Peter's, I think, and ate many times at a cafe called the Nosebag. I wonder if things will seem quite familiar.

Last night Topher and I were walking home along Minchuan West rd. (民權西路), and we had just passed a temple (行天宮) when a big billboard advertising a study abroad program appeared. There was a huge picture of the Bodleian Library. Toph said "Look, that's where you're going to be!"

I must say I'm looking forward to it.

But a part of me is afraid that I'll get there and realize that everyone is: A. 10 x more erudite and B. 100 x more intelligent. I think I mentioned this to Bruce once and he said not to worry because half the people there are worried about the same thing.

0 comments: