Pages

Search Me

Wednesday 23 January 2008

Lorem Ipsum

Have you noticed this bit of Latin on Blogger?
Lorem
ipsum vim ut utroque mandamus intellegebat, ut eam omittam ancillae sadipscing, per et eius soluta veritus
I tried to find out what it means by going to a Latin dictionary - and failed. I wrote to my friend Sergi asking for help and this is what he came up with:
"Apparently since 1500s when typographers have wanted to check some kind of font, they have started a sentence with "Lorem ipsum" to indicate it's just a dummy text. It looks like Latin, but it's not Latin at all. http://www.lipsum.com/"

1 comments:

TheDancingArchaeologist said...

Hey! Totally off topic, but I'm clearly rubbish at being in touch, so I wanted to say hi while I was around.

Is Toph still there? Hope you had fun together.

I'm currently job hunting. Yup. They finally got rid of me :P

I should be in bed, but I owe you an email sometime soon,

Kxx