Pages

Search Me

Thursday 29 October 2009

More dreams

Do you have dreams which recur? or themes of dreams which recur?

I often dream that I am driving. I don't know how to drive. I've never even driven except once when my high-school boyfriend tried to teach me to drive his manual Honda civic in the parking lot of a mall, and once even before that when my father let me back the car out of the garage (this one went rather badly - the car ended upon the lawn). I've never taken a driving test - not even just to get a learner's license.

Why? I've always found that I can manage without.

In my driving dreams I am always just about able to steer the vehicle. I seem to be able to fake it and other motorists don't notice. Only I know how close I am to disaster. In these dreams I am worried that something will soon go wrong - either I will crash or get pulled over and be in trouble. In my dream I also think about how I should really stop driving, and also learn how to drive.

0 comments: