Pages

Search Me

Sunday 15 March 2009

Good morning, Sunday. You are beautiful.


(I don't have a camera, so I can't show you a picture of today.
Here's one of me from the black tie dinner.
Sorry.
I know it's not really the same...)


I'm sitting at my usual seat on the ground floor of the Keble Library. The window is open and fresh air sweeps through these musty stacks. Today is a beautiful day. I wish I were outside, walking a dog. I don't have a dog, and I don't have any time - but if I had both, I would walk my dog in the university parks, stop on a bench and drink a cup of tea, knit, and then visit charity shops before going home to cook all afternoon.

I would make lots of pasta sauce from fresh tomatoes, with a healthy dose of garlic & chillies, and put them into jars. I would bake a week's worth of cumin bread, and an apple crumble. Then I would do laundry, and hang them up to dry. I would invite friends over for dinner. We would light candles, eat bread, and pasta with fresh basil & parmesan. We'd listen to music, like 'When I go' by Bret Dennen, or 'New Romantic' by Laura Marling. We would drink wine, and devour the crumble too. When we're all a bit tipsy, we'd go out for a walk, and the moon would be bright. I would send them on their way with a jar of pasta sauce each. Then I would go home, and sing songs while doing dishes.

But instead, I am going to spend all day and all evening working on my digitisation paper. Do you think the examiners will be able to read my state of mind in the words I write? Will they smell bread baking, or see my dog run?

I hope you are doing what you would like to be doing on this beautiful day.

0 comments: